Thanks for stopping by my Twitter landing page. I appreciate your interest in me, my company, and my Twitter use.
I’m Charlene Kingston, or Kinchie on Twitter. Kinch is an old nickname (KINgston CHarlene) , but “Kinch” was already taken on Twitter. I added the “ie” to make it girly.
I write about Twitter. Here’s a list of the blog posts I’ve written about Twitter.
Need to reach me? Email Twitter at CrowInfoDesign dot com.
Whom I Follow and Why
I don’t automatically follow everyone who follows me. Why? I limit the number of people I follow so I can actually talk with and listen to my followers.
I have two general rules I use to decide whom to follow.
- People in my geographic community (they are part of my real life business and personal interactions).
- People who talk about things that I’m interested in (outside of business) that inspire me to be the person I want to be.
I run into many fascinating people because they follow me on Twitter, people who are making very interesting contributions to the community. Don’t take it personally if I don’t follow you back. But don’t be surprised if you get an occasional reply or direct message from me, either.
If you are part of Magpie, I will unfollow you.
What I Tweet
I write different tweets for each audience segment I follow. But generally, you can expect me to tweet about:
- Interesting articles I find in newspapers, magazines, blogs, and websites.
- Announcements of my new blog posts.
- News about writing and social media use.
- Inspirational quotes.
- Slice of my life tweets.
I try to maintain the following tweet breakout:
- 60% content including retweets.
- 30% replies.
- 10% what I’m doing now.
Some days I stray from this, but over a week, this is the breakout you can expect to see. If you have any questions about my contribution to the conversation, just review my archives.
I also have a Twitter account for my business, Social Media DIY Workshop. With this account, I’m reaching out to small business people with practical information about social media tools.